Are you looking for new alternatives for your AC unit? Heat pump systems may be the perfect addition to your home. Because heat pumps are more cost-efficient and provide quality air, they are a popular option for homeowners. Ace Air Conditioning & Plumbing and our specialists want to share how a heat pump installation can benefit your home life.
Heat Pumps Work in Any Season
Whether you want your home toasty for the winter or chilly for the summer, heat pumps work for any occasion. Heat pumps use the air in your home and pump it back at the temperature to make your home comfortable. For instance, here is a step-by-step process of how your heat pump functions in the summer.
- Your heat pump brings in the warm air from your home and blows it onto a coil.
- The warm air passes through cool refrigerant in the unit and converts to a low-temperature gas.
- Then, the low-temperature gas flows through a compressor which increases the pressure, thereby increasing the temperature.
- Next, the heat pump pumps the leftover cold air back into the house and pushes the new hot air through another coil connected to your outside unit.
- Because the air on the outside is colder than the new high-pressure gas, it cools the refrigerant again.
- Finally, the refrigerant returns to the inside unit by passing through an expansion valve and reducing its temperature.
- The process repeats as the cool refrigerant is ready to pick up more air from your home.
- Now, you can enjoy your comfortable home!
For the winter, all you need to do is reverse the system so it sucks in the cold air and pushes out the hot air. Heat pumps are perfect for any home looking for different heating options all year round.
Three Benefits of a Heat Pump Installation
You’ll find that there are many benefits to adding a heat pump to your home. Homeowners find that there are three main improvements to their home after a professional heater installation: lowered cost in utility bills, improved air quality, and easy installations perfect for any home.
Because heat pumps use recycled air in your home, it does not need to pump their own. This means the unit can work less and still give you satisfying results. With a comfortable home and an inexpensive utility bill, you will be able to enjoy your home a lot more with your heat pump.
Better Air Quality
Heat pumps run on electricity rather than gas. Therefore, there are fewer carbon emissions entering your home through your heating unit. Because it filters the air when it runs through the unit, the overall air quality will improve when it returns back into the home.
Suitable for Any Home
While a full replacement is available for homeowners, you can also add a heat pump to your existing HVAC system to still benefit from the new unit. Technicians can add a heat pump using your original heating system ductwork, but if your home doesn’t have ductwork, you can also opt for a ductless heat pump unit. No matter how your home is shaped, heat pumps will be the perfect fit.
Ace Air Conditioning & Plumbing Technicians and Lake Charles Heater Replacements
Residents in Lake Charles, LA looking for alternative heating options should add heat pumps to their considerations. For premier home services, Ace can help you choose what will be right for your home. Contact Ace Air Conditioning & Plumbing through our website, or give us a call to set up a consultation today!